“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”
— Emma Lazaraus, “The New Colossus”
If you’ve decided to leave a legacy for Liberty and Ellis Island through any of the planned giving options shared here, let us know. We’re eager to recognize you as a member of The Golden Door Society, a group of Liberty and Ellis Island’s foremost champions.
Members of The Golden Door Society receive special recognition and honors, including:
- Invitations and VIP access to Foundation events
- Recognition in listings of The Golden Door Society members.
- Lifetime communications about the ongoing preservation of Liberty and Ellis Islands that you make possible.
To join The Golden Door Society, please contact us at (212) 561-4588 or GoldenDoor@libertyellisfoundation.org
- Contact the The Statue of Liberty-Ellis Island Foundation advancement team at (212) 561-4588 or GoldenDoor@libertyellisfoundation.org for additional information on bequests or to discuss other options for including the Foundation in your charitable estate—or ways to make a living legacy through stock transfer, donor advised fund disbursement, or other major gift.
- Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor as you determine the best way to update your long-term charitable plans.
- Please use our legal name (The Statue of Liberty-Ellis Island Foundation, Inc.) and federal tax ID (EIN: 13-3118415) as you finalize your plans and other beneficiary paperwork.
The information on this page is not intended to provide legal or financial advice. Please consult with your tax-advisor and/or attorney to determine the best way to include the Statue of Liberty-Ellis Island Foundation in your long-term charitable plans.